How to make delicious deviled eggs every time.
The first tray to always empty at any office party or family get together is always the one that had the deviled eggs on it. People can’t seem to help themselves. Do you wish you could make them so they turn out perfect and people keep asking for more? Well here’s how.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup Miracle Whip, you can use Mayo if you want but they won’t be as good
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- cayenne pepper in a shake bottle, yes you can use nutmeg if your palette just can’t stand a little spice, but they won’t be as good as these
- Tabasco sauce
- In a saucepan, arrange eggs in a single layer and fill with water until covered.
- Some like to use a splash of vinegar or pinch of salt because they think it will keep the shells from cracking.
- Bring eggs and water to a boil.
- Turn off heat, cover, and wait 12 minutes.
- Run cold water into the pan until water is cold and eggs cool down
- Gently peel the eggs.
- Slice each egg in half and reserve the yolk into a bowl.
- Take the whites and arrange on your serving tray.
- Using a stick blender, or hand mixer, puree the egg yolks.
- Add the Miracle whip, salt, pepper, and splash of Tabasco and mix thoroughly with blender
- Take a Ziploc or sandwich bag and fill with yolk mixture.
- Twist the end so that your baggy is sealed.
- Snip off one of the bottom corners and you have a pipette bag for cleanly filling each half white. And you make that little swirl on top just like a pro.
- Sprinkle the top with cayenne pepper.
- Use a splash of white wine or champagne instead of Tabasco
- Add a splash of truffle oil
- Add some red food color to make “bloodshot eyes” for Halloween
- Add some green food color for Christmas time