A versatile yet quick to make tomato salsa that excels where it matters most: the taste test.
Here is a tomato salsa that is quick to prepare, tastes great and is versatile enough for you to modify at a whim. Add a few chili peppers if you want some heat.
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 8 Cups of Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 1½ Cups of Coarsely Chopped Onions
- 2/3 Cup of Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ Cup of Coarsely Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- ½ Cup of Coarsely Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- ¼ Cup of Finely Chopped Coriander
- 1 Tablespoon of Freshly Ground Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil (for cooking)
- Peel 6 garlic cloves and then finely chop
- Rinse, core and finely chop the tomatoes
- Peel, trim, rinse and coarsely chop the onions
- Trim, rinse and coarsely chop the bell peppers
- Rinse, trim and finely chop the coriander
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil into a large cooking pot. Swirl to coat pot bottom with oil
- Add all other ingredients to oiled cooking pot
- Place over a medium-high heat and while continuing to stir gently bring to a boil
- Once mixture reaches a boil immediately reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes (don’t forget to stir often)
This presto salsa recipe will yield approximately 12 cups of salsa.
- Salsa can be bottled, canned or vacuum seal packed for longer storage life. Otherwise refrigerate for longer shelf life.
- Presto Salsa and Eggs for Breakfast – Heat salsa and spoon over toast then top with a poached egg or two. Sprinkle a little finely diced dill tips over the top if you wish and breakfast is served.
- You might consider using this presto salsa as a dip or even as the basis for your own sour cream salsa dip.