The Homemade Way: Cool and Creamy Ranch Dressing and Dip
Nothing compares to the taste of homemade, especially when it comes to ranch dressing.
Mmmm… ranch dressing. On salad, on burgers, with fries, and veggies, even on pizza, it goes great with just about everything. Here’s my quick and easy recipe, no expensive flavoring packet required. (Note: the leftover buttermilk is a great marinade for chicken, so no wasting!)
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley flakes, pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Add buttermilk, a little at a time, whisking as you go, until reaching desired consistency for dressing or dip.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Use low fat sour cream and low fat buttermilk for a reduced calorie version.