Fast and Easy Filipino Pastillas Recipe: Only Three Ingredients!
Do you love Philippine desserts? Here’s a very easy recipe that you can make: pastillas! This pastillas has a very soft texture. It is made mostly of milk so the taste is very smooth and creamy. This is also a unique and great idea to bring to a potluck or party!
Fast and Easy Filipino Pastillas: Only 3 Ingredients!
Pastillas is a sweet Filipino delicacy. This is one of my favorite things to make aside from polvoron, desserts, cakes and pastries.
You only need 3 easy ingredients to make this sweet Filipino treat!
Ingredients to make your pastillas:
2 cups powdered milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk – 300 ml
sugar for coating
Procedure to make your pastillas:
- Pour the condensed milk in a bowl.
- Sift in the powdered milk.
- Mix well.
- Using your hands, form mixture into round balls or into 2-inch long rectangular-shaped pieces.
- Roll each piece in sugar to coat.
- Your pastillas is done! It’s as easy as that. Then wrap each pastillas with cellophane or colored tissue paper.
- Use skim powdered milk if available.
- You can use different colors of cellophane or tissue paper to wrap your pastillas, then put them in a nice small basket or bowl. Tie it with colorful ribbons. This is a wonderful homemade gift idea! It’s a unique Christmas or birthday gift idea.
- Once you get used to making your pastillas, you can even think about selling them if there’s an opportunity. This is one of the practical ways to make extra money at home.
Try out these easy recipes too!
Not a member of Triond yet?