Potluck Ideas: Meat Dumplings
Need new potluck ideas? Something to put on a buffet? Spicy Meat Dumplings go together quickly for a delicious appetiser or main course.
Note: These Meat Dumplings can be made with either pork, lamb or beef as desired. They can be served hot or cold.
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled, cooked and drained
- 1 lb minced/ground pork
- 1 onion
- 6 spring/salad onions, finely chopped
- 3 (or more) cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs coriander seed, dry fried and ground
- 2 tsp cumin seed, dry fried and ground
- 1 tsp (or more) chopped fresh red chile
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- oil for frying
Place the potatoes, pork, onion, spring onions and garlic in a food processor. Process to a paste. Add the spices, chile, salt and pepper;mix well. Take a spoonful and fry to check the seasoning. Adjust as needed.
Beat the eggs and add enough to the meat/potato mixture to make a soft paste that can be shaped into dumplings, fritters, or tiny patties. Heat enough oil in a heavy frying pan to cover the Meat Dumplings. Use a tablespoon or hands to shape the meat mixture. Fry them a few at a time until brown on both sides. Drain well.