published by Scorpio1101 on Nov 24, 2010
The combination of red and yellow peppers and green snow peas makes these wraps look really colorful, and the simple flavoring gives the chicken a refreshing, zingy taste.
- 2 cutting boards
- 1 sharp knife
- vegetable knife
- medium bowl
- small whisk
- large frying pan
- wooden spatula
- ovenproof plate
- kitchen foil
- oven mits
Ingredients for 8 wraps:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into 24 strips)
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 8 flour tortillas
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and grated (optional)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 3-4 dashes of hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Deseed both peppers and slice them into 12 equal strips.
- Mix together oil, honey, ginger, hot sauce, and salt. Stir in the chicken strips until they are all completely coated with the flavoring.
- Heat frying pan for 2 minutes. Add the coated chicken and fry it for 4-5 minutes. The chicken will turn golden and then caramelize.
- Place the tortillas on the ovenproof plate and cover with foil. Put them in the preheated oven for 6-7 minutes, or until they are warmed through.
- Add the peppers, snow peas, and lime juice to the chicken. Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium-high heat. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Lay some of the filling along the top of each tortilla, leaving the other end and sides empty. If you overfill your tortilla, you will not be able to wrap it.
- To wrap, fold the empty end inward and overlap the sides. The filling should be securely wrapped but will peep out appetizingly from the open end!