Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
Yield: 12 Servings.
Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, the true “parmesan” (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
25 30 55 Ingredients
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- In a Dutch oven, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle each with mushrooms, cheeses and pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheeses have melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Nutritional Facts 1-1/3 cups equals 492 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 966 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
I’ve found that the best way to chop onions with no tears is to place the cutting board on top of the stove and turn the vent fan on high. —Gloria D., Courtenay, British Columbia