Soft Tacos Made Using Your Grill
Tacos are great and most people love them. You can use just about any type of meat to make tacos.
Tacos are great. Many people just love them. You can have beef, pork, chicken or vegetable tacos. They are great anytime of the year. These chicken tacos are made using your grill. You can use beef or pork instead of chicken if you prefer.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 6 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breast.
Directions for marinade:
In a small bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients.
Rinse chicken under cold water, and dry with paper towels. Put marinade and chicken in a sealable bag. Seal bag, removing as much air as you can and marinade overnight in the refrigerator.
- 1 ½ cups coarsely chipped ripe tomatoes
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 6 green onions, use white part and chop
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
Direction for salsa:
Combine salsa ingredients, including salt and pepper to taste.
Condiments for tacos:
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, heated
- 10 White corn tortillas ( you can use flour tortillas if you prefer)
Directions for grilling:
Preheat grill, you can use charcoal or gas. If you are using charcoal, light one chimney full of charcoal. When all charcoal is covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over charcoal grate.
Grill chicken over direct medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes until meat is firm, and internal temperature reaches 170 degrees, turn once during grilling. Remove the chicken and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
Combine the sour cream and milk in a small bowl.
Place chicken, cheese, drained black beans, sour cream, salsa and lettuce in grilled tortillas. They are now ready to eat.