Tuna and Tomato Noodles
Here’s a scrumptious recipe for tuna and tomato noodles. Tuna and tomatoes are saluted with a rich combination of ingredients and then delicious noodles are added to create a well round dish.
This delectable tuna and tomato noodle recipe has a rich and savory taste, that is sure to be enjoyed by the entire family. A delicious concoction of hearty tuna, flavor filled noodles and decadent tomatoes all cooked together with fresh herbs and spice is the perfect meal for Your next lunch or dinner.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 dried red chillies (seeded and chopped)
- 1 large red onion (finely sliced)
- 6oz canned tuna in oil (drained)
- 4oz pitted black olives
- 14oz canned peeled plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 12oz fresh egg noodles (such as fettuccine)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Start by heating the oil in a large frying pan. Next add the garlic and dried chillies, saute for a few seconds, then add the onion. Saute, stirring, for about five minutes until the onion softens. Now add the tuna and olives to the pan, and stir until well mixed.
Stir in the tomatoes and any juices, and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper, add the parsley, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for about five minutes until the tomatoes have broken down. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in lightly salted boiling water for 3–4 minutes until just tender. Drain well, toss the noodles with the sauce and serve with fresh baked bread.