How to Make Caramel Popcorn
Get ready for a mouth-watering, crunchy yet sweet recipe that’s easy to make and great for movie night.
Caramel corn is simply hot, crunchy popcorn drizzled with sweet, hot caramel sauce. Here’s my own recipe on how to make this delicious treat!
- 1 cup of brown sugar (or one cup of white sugar if you want your caramel to be more buttery)
- 1 stick of butter
- one soup pan
- one medium-large sized bowl (big enough to place your popcorn in without overflowing)
- wooden spoon
1. Pop your popcorn.
If you’re making this recipe for yourself only, you’ll only need to pop only one bag of popcorn. If you’re sharing if a friend, you’ll need a least two bags. Make sure that you don’t burn the popcorn, but try to make sure that you pop all the kernels, because biting on a caramel-coated kernel will break off/chip a tooth.
While you’re waiting for the popcorn, let’s get started with the caramel sauce.
2. Preparing the sauce.
Turn your stove onto 5 or 6, whichever melts butter slowly for you. Place the butter in soup pan and once it’s half-melted add your brown or white sugar and slowly stir the mix. Continuously stir the mix, especially around the sides and along the bottom. Failure to do so will result in either burnt caramel (not a pleasant smell) or caramel sauce getting stuck on your burner, which will dry and take forever to scrub off, not to mention give off a hideous smell whenever you use that burner. If your sauce is runny, add more sugar, if its thick, add either cream or more butter.
3. (Assuming your popcorn is done popping) Pour your popcorn into the bowl and sort out the kernels.
Try to get as many kernels as you can out of your popcorn or try to get the kernels down to the bottom so you won’t accidently bite on one. Be careful, as the kernels will probably be hot. Also take out any burnt pieces as well. Now its time to pour the sauce.
4. Pouring the sauce.
Once the sauce is the right texture for you, slowly drizzle the sauce over the popcorn by either tipping the pot over the popcorn, using your wooden spoon, or using a regular spoon. Once all the sauce has been poured, churn and mix your popcorn so that all the pieces get caramel on them. Once cooled, you can enjoy this mouth-watering snack with friends or by yourself. Be sure to get something to drink as caramel corn will definitely make you thirsty!
Extra tips & Warnings:
- Be careful when handling sauce, as it’s extremely hot and can cause severe burns that will require medical attention. Keep your kids out of the kitchen to be on the safe side.
- Once you pour the caramel, you can add marshmellows, pecans, walnuts, even dried cherries to top your popcorn for an extra treat. Experimenting can help you create your own personal recipe.
- In case you do get burned, immediantly get an ice pack and place it on the area or run the burned skin under cool water. Once the area is numb, get some burn-ointment and smear it on the skin; wrap in bandaid or guaze. If burn is really serious, go to the hospital or call 911.
And that’s how you make caramel corn. Remember to experiment with toppings for this recipe and share it with friends and family.
Like this article? Read more of my articles below:
http://webupon.com/video/how-to-download-youtube-videos-three-easy-ways/ (How to download youtube videos: three easy ways)
http://quazen.com/kids-and-teens/school-time/how-to-organize-your-bookbag/ (How to organize your bookbag)