How to Make Your Own Healthy and Delicious Popcorn
This article shows you how to make your own delicious homemade popcorn. And you don’t need a popcorn maker to do it! Popcorn is one of the healthiest snacks. Homemade popcorn is so much better than the microwaved ones. And it is so easy to make! You will love this popcorn recipe.
Ever since I learned how to make my own popcorn I don’t buy the microwaved popcorns anymore. It is surprisingly easy to make your own gourmet popcorn, and it is so much healthier than the commercially bought ones. For one, it is not loaded with greasy butter. I use olive oil to make popcorn. Secondly you can adjust your seasonings so that the taste is just right and not too salty. It tastes very delicious. I would like to share my popcorn recipe with you and hope you enjoy it too!
- ¾ cup popcorn kernels
- 1/8 cup Olive oil
- seasoning of your choice (all dressed up seasoning by Kernels is delicious!!)
- Put popcorn kernels in a stainless pot.
- Pour the olive oil and mix well.
- Cover the lid and turn the heat between medium and high.
- After a few minutes you will hear the popping. Turn down the heat to medium.
- Leave the lid just a tiny bit open so that the steam will come out. The opening should be very small so it will not allow any popcorn kernels to pop out of the pan.
- Listen to the popping sound carefully. When it starts to slow down, turn off the heat.
- Remove the pot off the heat. Be very careful, it’s hot.
- Transfer the popcorn to a bowl and sprinkle with your desired seasoning (all dressed up seasoning by Kernels is the best!!) Toss to coat the popcorn evenly.