A Smart Way to Reuse Leftover Biscuits: Learn How to Make Mosaic or Pyramid Cake
This dessert is very easy to prepare with the ingredients you have at hand and it is a practical, economical way to reuse leftover biscuits.
While we were moving in to our new house we could not cook anything proper and buying packages of different
kinds of biscuits was a good idea to quickly satisfy our hunger and keep on working. After we moved in completely and started our new life as a newly wed couple, I noticed that our cellar in the kitchen was full of half eaten packages of biscuits of every kind.
Those half package biscuits are always kept for a while but doesn’t matter how tightly you wrap them they become useless. You keep them till they are so rotten and so inedible that your consciousness is relieved enough to throw them into the waste bin.
I don’t like throwing away any food if it is not threatening health so I started thinking of a way to reuse these biscuits. Then I remembered my mother making a delicious dessert out of biscuits for me and my sister while we were small children. It is called Mosaic Cake or Pyramid Cake. I quickly searched for its recipe and tried it.
I not only found an economical way to reuse leftover biscuits and felt myself smart enough but also remembered to make this delicious and for me nostalgic dessert which is very easy to prepare with the very ingredients usually found in homes.
Follow me below to taste it yourself! It is going to be your favourite life saving recipe when you need to prepare something quick and sweet for your beloved ones.
- 500 gr. of biscuits of any kind, can be a mix of different varieties.
- 125 gr. of butter
- 225 ml. of milk (1 glass)
- 60 gr. of cocoa powder (4 tablespoons)
- 100 gr. of sugar (4 tablespoons)
- A handful of chestnuts or hazelnuts (optional)
- Grated coconuts for decoration ( optional)
Step by step guide to this delicacy:
- Make the biscuits into little pieces and put in a big deep bowl.
- In a small pan melt the butter.
- Mix the cocoa powder and sugar in.Stir till the sugar has fully melted..
- Add the milk and stir enough times to make sure that all ingredients have mixed in.
- Add the sauce onto the biscuit pieces.
- Add the broken chestnuts or hazelnuts in if you like.
- Make a dough by stirring with a spoon or with your hands gently.
- After that keep the dough in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes so that it hardens a bit and becomes ready to be shaped.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator, put it on a flat and preferably thin & long plate like a rectangle or oval.
- Shape it with your hands as you like. You can roll it and make it like a long cylinder or you can shape it as a pyramid like my mother did, by making its two sides flat.
- Sprinkle some grounded coconut over it like snow flakes if you want.
- Put the mosaic cake in the freezer and wait for a few hours.
- After that slice it and serve it.
For more easy & tasty recipes visit http://easytasty.blogspot.com/