Carrot cake is one of the cakes beloved by many individuals.
Carrot cake is one of the cakes beloved by many individuals. However many are afraid to make carrot cake as it does not come out quite like the ones they have tasted. It is either too greasy or soggy.
Here is a recipe that gives a really good carrot cake. Carrot can have a lot of juice and it is best to remove some of the juice from the grated carrot and use it as the liquid instead of adding more liquid. Baking soda is necessary in carrot cakes just like how it is a must to get very nice banana bread.
2½ cups grated carrot
2 cups sugar
2 cups white flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
4 -6 eggs
1 ½ vegetable oil
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp mixed spice
¼ tsp salt
1 cup carrot juice
1. Grate carrot and remove 1 cup of carrot juice make up with water if not enough.
2. Combined eggs, carrot juice and vanilla beat lightly.
3. Sift all dry ingredients with flour.
4. Add flour to liquid and mix thoroughly.
5. Add grated carrot and mix well.
6. Pour into a greased baking tin and bake at 350°F until done.