Muffins..yummy chocolate muffins.
1 cup (220 g) sugar
1 cup (110 g) all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2/3 cup (160 ml) milk
2/3 cup (150 g) butter
4 oz (120 g) semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C).
- Grease 6 extra large muffin tins or cups (paper muffin bake cups are recommended) or 12-15 medium cups.
- Beat the eggs with sugar, mix with flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla and milk.
- Fold in the melted butter.
- Add chocolate chips; coat them with flour before mixing into the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees until a until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes for XL muffins, about 20 minutes for medium size muffins.
The Chocolate Muffins may be served hot or at room temperature.