Easy to Make Drop Biscuit Recipe
This easy recipe for drop biscuits is delicious. When it comes to biscuits who says they have to be the rolled out variety and all smooth. Make drop biscuits and save time. Here’s a recipe I tried and I liked so I wanted to pass it on to you. Make some drop biscuits for your next get together, whether it be Thanksgiving, Christmas or a Sunday lunch.
Things you will need:
- 3 Cups flour
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of
- baking powder
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 1 cup cold milk
Image by Mel B. via Flickr
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit degrees
- Blend the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. My Aunt recommends to running a fork through it to fluff it up like a sifting action.
- Combine the milk and butter. Pour into your flour mix and stir lightly to blend altogether.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. The size of the spoonful will determine the length your drop biscuits are in the oven. Try to keep them somewhat the same size.
Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve them up warm!
- Add cheese, onion & garlic powder for a dinner roll.
- Drop biscuits are great for breakfast too, slice open top with a little jelly or use for biscuits and gravy.