Fernando’s Cheesy Pizza Crust
This pizza crust has a thick and cheesy soft texture, best for people who prefer the Italian taste. You can create different toppings of your choice with this one, or you can eat the creamy crust alone along with a dip. I created this dough when I was experimenting different flavor of crusts for our menu. The secret for this recipe lies with the cheddar cheese that I combined during the process. One more thing, I used olive oil instead of ordinary corn or vegetable oil. It makes two large pizzas (12’’).
· 2 cup warm water (110 degrees Fahrenheit/45 degrees Centigrade)
· 6 tablespoons Active Dry Yeast
· 3 teaspoon Salt
· 5 tablespoons Sugar
· 2 teaspoons Dried basil
· 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
· 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
· 2 cups Cheddar Cheese or as needed
· 6 tablespoons Olive Oil or Corn Oil, or Vegetable Oil
· 5 cups Flour, all purpose flour plus extra flour for dusting
· Combine water, yeast, salt, sugar, olive oil in a bowl. Leave for 5 minutes or until bubbly & foaming. (You can adjust the sweetness of the crust through the sugar content).
· Add garlic powder in flour and mix thoroughly in yeast mixture.
· Add grated cheese, dried basil and dried oregano while mixing the dough.
· Mix for about 15 to 30 minutes. Shape it into round balls. Let the dough rest for 10 to 30 minutes. The longer it rests, the thicker and more tasty the crust.
· Roll the dough into floured board and put into the greased pans.
· Top your favorite toppings and bake.