French Toast Recipe Wonder for Under $3.00
French Toast is still one of the most famous dishes in homes around the world. Today, I’ll show you the most famous ways to make French Toast!
What you’ll need:
1. 8 slices of whole wheat bread;
2. 2 eggs, beaten;
3. 1/3 cup of milk;
4. 2 tablespoons of sugar;
5. 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon;
6. 2 cups of finely crushed leftover cereal flakes;
7. 2 tablespoons of butter
French toast is easy to make and it’s an inexpensive way to stretch bread. You could use cracked wheat, white, or multigrain bread in this recipe.
1. In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and beat until this is smooth. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, letting it stand for 1 minute. Turn over, and then dip into crushed cereal to coat.
2. In a large skillet, over medium high heat, melt the butter. When it’s melted and foamy, add the coated bread pieces, two to 3 at a time. Cook on first side for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown. Carefully turn and cook on the second side for 2 to 4 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Serve hot.
There you have it! Breakfast on a budget! Total cost to make this breakfast meal? $ 2.91
I hope you try this recipe, as you’re family will love it. You can make this meal anytime, as it’s great year around.
Thank you for your time.