Garlic Bread Recipe: Best Ever Garlic Bread
published by NaomiR on Oct 27, 2009
Garlic bread is the perfect dish to serve with pasta. Ideally, garlic bread is crusty on the outside, soft on the inside and full of garlicky goodness. Here’s an easy garlic bread recipe that’s all of the above.
- 1 large loaf of crusty bread, such as Italian or French bread
- 1 8 oz. tub whipped or spreadable butter (stay away from bricks of butter as they’re more difficult to work with)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped fine
- Slice the loaf into thick pieces, but do not slice all the way through. Slice almost to the bottom, but leave the pieces attached to the loaf.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, half of the olive oil, garlic cloves and garlic powder until well-blended. Spread a liberal amount of the garlic butter mixture on BOTH SIDES of each slice.
- Clamp the bread slices back together so the loaf is once again intact. Brush the tops and sides with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle the chives over the top. Wrap the loaf firmly in foil so that it retains its shape.
- Bake the loaf for about 40 minutes in an oven set to 250 degrees. I prefer to serve the loaf with the pieces attached because it looks a little fancier, but you can also pull them apart and serve them that way.