Giant Melt-in-Your-Mouth Cheese Biscuits
These giant melt-in-your-mouth cheese biscuits will wow dinner guests.
Cheese biscuits are delicious and add something a little different to the menu. They are easy to make and are the perfect go-along for chili or stew.
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 tsp. baking powder
- 8 tbsp. shortening (Tenderflake or vegetable shortening at room temperature)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry cutter until mixture is reduced to fine crumbs.
- Add in milk and cheddar cheese.
- Stir lightly with a wooden spoon.
- Place on a floured surface and knead lightly, sprinkling flour over until biscuit dough isn’t sticky.
- Flatten dough into a rectangle, then fold over and press down.
- Adjust amounts of shortening, baking powder, and milk to personal preference in this cheese biscuit recipe, depending on your preference for either moist or dryer biscuits
- Cut out biscuit rounds with a 2-3” biscuit cutter.
- Place cheese biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350-degrees, reducing heat as needed so that biscuit centers cook and your biscuit bottoms don’t burn.
- Double up your baking pans for tender biscuit bottoms.
These giant melt-in-your-mouth cheese biscuits are good at anytime. Split biscuits and spread with butter. Eat while still warm.
* For a special treat, fry bacon until crispy and cut into small pieces. Add chopped bacon to your cheese biscuits.
- How to Make Lavender Tea–Delicately flavored tea
- Delicious Homemade Cake Donuts–Great tasting donuts you can make from home
- Cheese Souffle–Melt-in-your-mouth souffle for a vegetarian lunch
- How to Make Perfectly Shaped Bread Buns–A trick to shape buns