How to Make Mandazi (Kenyan Doughnuts)
Mandazi or Mahamri are Kenyan doughnut like snacks but without all the added staff like chocolate and glaze. They are a nice accompaniment to hot tea.
Mandazi with a cup of tea
2 cups plain flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon coarsely ground cardamom
1tsp dry yeast
1) Mix all the ingredients with coconut milk and bind them into a dough- add water if necessary
2) Cover the dough with a dry cloth and Leave it in a warm place for 2-3 hours to rise
3) Knead the dough well and roll out ½ inch thick and cut into triangle shapes or any desired shape
4) Leave it for a further 15 minutes .
5) Deep Fry each piece in hot oil on both sides to a deep tan.
6) Drain on paper towel