How To Make Your Own Doggie Treats
Keep your hound happy with these homemade doggie treats.
Your pooch might not understand the phrase “handmade with love” but you sure do, so get to the kitchen and whip up a batch of these multi-grain, delightful, dainties for your best friend(s).
To make your own doggie treats, you will need:
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cracked wheat (bulgur)
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 egg slightly beaten with milk
- 3 cups chicken or beef broth
- wooden spoon
- glass measuring cup
- rolling pin
- basting brush
- airtight container to put your finished doggie treats in
Preheat your oven to 300°.
- Mix all the flours, salt and powdered milk together.
- Thoroughly dissolve the yeast in warm water (110°-115°) in a glass measuring cup.
- Add the dissolved yeast to the dry stuff.
- Add the broth.
- Stir until it forms a blop of dough.
- Roll the dough out until it is about 1/4″ thick.
- Cut out doggie friendly shapes, such as bones, etc.
- Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Brush the shapes with the egg mixture
- Bake the treats for 45 minutes and shut the heat off.
- Leave them in the oven overnight to cool and harden.
- Place them in airtight container
Now you have treats for your canine. If you cut out kitty friendly shapes, like fish, I’m sure your feline wouldn’t mind a nibble or two also.
Make your own home energy. Click Here!
Make your own diesel fuel.
How to start your own craft business.
How to make your own fishing lures.
How to make your own jewelry.