Oatmeal Peanut Butter Trail Bars
Oatmeal peanut butter trail bars are a great and healthier snack to serve your children. Now that school is back in session these trail bars are great to put in their lunch boxes or as an afternoon treat. Put a smile on your child’s face by making oatmeal peanut butter trail bars.
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour or Bob Red Mill’s all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2 cups old fashion oatmeal
- 1-cup cranberries or raisins
- ½ cup choc chips and or M & M’s
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish
- Vegetable spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit if you do not have a timer on your oven 20 minutes will suffice.
- Coat a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with vegetable spray.
- Beat the peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda and salt and continue to blended and smooth.
- Mix in the flour and oatmeal. Stir in the cranberries or raisins, chocolate chips or
- M & M’s and walnuts.
- Pour in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown and firm to the touch.
- If you or your child is gluten intolerant, call the manufacturer to verify all the ingredients used are gluten-free.