published by Food Lover on Mar 17, 2011
How To Make Pilipit.
2 cups flour
¼ tsp. baking powder
½ cup milk
Oil for deep frying
5 cups brown sugar
A pinch of salt
- Mix and sift flour, baking, powder, and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat egg and add to the milk. Pour this mixture into sifter flour.
- Knead until smooth, then divide into several portions.
- Roll each portion on bread into strips 4 inches long.
- Twist the strip to bring the ends together ( or make an “8” shape if desired).
- Fry in hot oil until brown, drain, and dip in syrup.
- To make syrup: Put brown sugar and a little water in a saucepan. Caramelize over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.