This is perfect for Halloween or Thanksgiving, but I love these tasty and spicy pancakes year round. Serves up 15 Pumpkin Pancakes. Serve with your choice of syrup or a dollop of whipped topping and extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
2 tbsp canola oil
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
1 c. whole milk
2 eggs, separated
½ cup of cooked pumpkin
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder in a bowl.
2. In a second bowl, whisk milk, pumpkin, oil, and egg yolks together.
3. Gently combine wet and dry ingredients just until everything is moist.
4. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
5. Gently fold egg whites into batter mixture.
6. Use ¼ cup of batter for each pancake; pour batter on a hot and lightly greased griddle.
7. When bubbles form on the top of the pancake, it’s time to flip it.
8. Cook until each side is golden and the center is solid.