This recipe is also what I consider a great southern side dish. I like to serve this corn bread recipe with rice and bean dishes, collard green dishes, stews, and even jambalayas.
This recipe is a great way to put a special twist on plain traditional cornbread. This recipe is also a very quick and inexpensive to make. It is very versatile and can be served with numerous dishes.
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of cheddar soup or cream of broccoli soup
- 1 box jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Brown ground sausage in a skillet. Drain well
- In a medium size bowl, mix jiffy corn muffin mix, milk and egg
- Fold in soup and cooked sausage
- Spread in a greased 9 x 9 inch baking pan
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until knife pulled through center comes out clean
- Cut into squares and serve warm
The above recipe serves approximately six to eight people. Don’t forget to place all leftovers in refrigerator.