Sweet & Stuffed Puffs
Easier & tastier home made puffs stuffed with sweetened coconut…..
For the dough
- Refined flour.- 2 cups
- Pinch of slat
- Vegetable oil – 1tsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Grated coconut- 1 cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Roasted semolina- ¼ cups
- Cardamom- 1tsp
· Take a pan.
· Add grated coconut, sugar, cardamom.
· Turn the gas on.
· When the sugar melts & mixes with the coconut , add the dry roasted semolina.
· Mix it thoroughly when the mixture leaves the side of the pan , turn of the gas.
· Let it cool.
· For the dough, take the flour in a bowl, add a pinch of salt & 1 tsp of oil.
· Make a dough adding water gradually.
· Knead very well to make it a soft dough.
· Make small balls and with a rolling pin make it a circle.
· Put spoon full of filling in the middle in a line.
· Dip the index finger in little water and smear it on the circular edge.
· Fold in the middle keeping the filling in side.
· Seal the sides very well so that it won’t open when fried.
· Heat 1 cup of oil in a pan and bring it to full flame. And then turn of the gas.
· Cool it for some time and then turn on the gas.
· Fry the prepared samosas or puffs in low gas till they turn golden brown.
· Serve hot with a dash of cinnamon flavored honey!