Easy No Mess Camping Omelets
These omelets are easy to make with no fuss and no muss. They are especially great for camping because mess is kept at a minimum with no pots or pans to wash.
These omelets are easy to make with no fuss and no muss. They are especially great for camping because mess is kept at a minimum with no pots or pans to wash. For sleepovers, kids can put together their own omelets the night before with their names on them and keep them in the fridge until morning. Just give the bag an extra shake before dropping it into the boiling water. Add a few minutes extra cooking time if prepared omelets were stored over night in the refrigerator.
Ingredients For One Serving
Simply slice and dice your favorite omelet ingredients and add spices of your choice.
Suggestions For Ingredients
- Shredded cheese
- Diced onion
- Green onion
- diced ham, crumbled bacon, or chicken
- sliced olives
- chopped celery
- chopped tomato
- caraway seed
- Place sliced and chopped ingredients of choice in a zip top baggie.
- Add two raw eggs to the bag of ingredients.
- Close baggie removing most of the air from the bag.
- Squish and shake the baggie until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Drop several bags into a large pot of boiling water and cook until firm (about 15 minutes)
- Remove bag from water with slotted spoon and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Open baggie carefully and slide omelet onto plate.
*Contents of bag will be very hot. Use caution when removing the omelet from the bag.