Hot Sauce Bacon Breakfast Burrito
This is the recipe I use almost every single day for my girlfriend. It’s her favorite meal, and I sometimes even cook it for dinner!
Let us begin on the path to the best burrito for the morning:
Ingredients for the Hot Sauce Bacon
- 2 Slices of Bacon (I prefer Publix Low Sodium bacon)
- Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
Ingredients for the Burrito
- 1 Flour tortilla, burrito size
- any where from 1/4 cup to a whole cup of Shredded Mexican 4 Cheese Blend depending on your preference
- 2 large eggs
- MAYBE a tbsp of milk
- I like to place the bacon on a baking sheet covered in Aluminum Foil
- Hit both pieces of bacon with some Frank’s Hot sauce, then rub it in until you have red bacon
- Sprinkle the Paprika and Cumin over the Bacon evenly and follow that with a couple cranks of fresh ground Black Pepper
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes (I start cooking the egg at about 15 minutes in)
- In a small bowl crack open the 2 eggs and beat until scrambled, pour in a little milk to fluff your eggs a bit, and add half the cheese at this time.
- Set up your tortilla on a plate and put a little cheese on it, set aside.
- Get a pan heating to medium heat, spray with Cooking Spray.
- Add the eggs to the hot pan and then place the remainder of your cheese on top of the egg.
- * NOTE: I like my eggs a little runny, and my girlfriend likes them dryer so it’s really up to your preference when you do the next part
- When the bottom is solid, and not sticking to the pan, gently fold the egg into an omelette. Let it sit a minute then flip the omelette, repeat.
- Heat tortilla with cheese for 10-15 seconds in the microwave
- Grab a spatula and chop up your cheesy eggs into little bits and toss them on the burrito.
- At this point your bacon should be looking nice and crunchy and reddish-brown. Pull it out of the oven, and place the bacon onto a plate with paper towels to get some of the greese
- Chop up your bacon how you like it, toss it in your burrito, roll it up, and enjoy the best tasting burrito ever.
ALSO. I recommend just making your bacon like this on its own, and you can even cover it with cheese if you’re looking for “Heart Attack Hot Sauce Bacon”
I hope you all enjoy this, it’s a recipe I use almost daily, and the hot sauce bacon works amazingly with almost any southwestern style dish.