How to Make Good Porridge
It’s easy once you know how, but it’s getting to know how.
Honey or Sugar
Milk or fruit or nuts (Optional)
1) It is difficult to know how much porridge oats is suitable for a single person.
A standard portion of porridge for a single serving is half a mug of oats.
Use half a mug for each person.
2) Now for the water. For a single serving use a full mug of water. (For more creamier porridge, use milk instead of water)
So per serving: half a mug of oats with a full mug of water.
3) Add a pinch of salt to taste
4) Put over a low heat and stir, but not continuously.
5) When the porridge is ready it will look slightly sludgy (for lack of a better word). Wait till it slightly ‘poofs’, then take it off the heat.
6) Allow to stand for a half a minute if not less then pour into the bowls.
Enjoy with a sprinkle of sugar, honey or milk (or both). Or you can experiment with all sorts of fruit and nuts.
Enjoy your healthy breakfast