Perfect Pancakes Recipe
I have made these pancakes many times. They’re delicious, and better than the store-bought pancakes! Ever since I learned how to make pancakes I don’t buy from stores anymore. They’re so easy to make, and you will definitely save a lot of money by making your own.
credit: sxc – asolario
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 T. melted butter
- In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt).
- In a separate bowl whisk together the rest of the ingredients (egg, milk and melted butter).
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture all at once, and stir just until combined.
- There will be lumps in the mixture. This is okay. Do not overmix the batter or the pancakes will come out tough.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle on medium heat.
- Pour a little bit of oil.
- Pour the pancake batter on the pan using ¼ measuring cup.
- Be sure to leave space in between the pancakes so they don’t stick to each other.
- When bubbles start to appear on the surface, flip the pancakes over.
- Cook until the pancakes are light brown.
- Serve immediately.
You can also use this recipe to make waffles. To save time, double the recipe and freeze them for future use. They freeze beautifully. To reheat just pop them into the toaster oven.
The next time you’re running out of gift idea, gift this pancake mix as a gift! This is an excellent gift idea.
Mix the dry ingredients and put them in a ziplock bag, then attach a really nice and colorful bag topper. There are many printable bag topper templates that you can find online. Attach the directions to make the pancakes on your label. Kitchen mix gifts like these are very easy to make, and people love them!