What to Put on Pancakes
Ever since man had been created pancakes, he has been asking himself what to put on them. Don’t be ashamed if you have asked yourself this before, it is very normal. The world of pancakes is a vast and confusing one.
What to put on pancakes.
Because there are so many options to choose from, and it is hard to do so, I will list some of the most popular ones that you should have tried already, if you haven’t you better, because you are definitely missing out my friend.
1.Syrup- If you have had pancakes before, you have probably tried them with syrup before. But, that doesn’t mean that syrup isn’t any good on them, no no, in fact, it means the opposite. People put syrup on pancakes because it is the perfect choice. You put a little butter on top, add some syrup, and then the pancakes absorb that creamy sugary goodness like some kind of edible sponge. And what is even better is that there is a huge varieties of syrup out, more than just the old Aunt Jamima kind. There are many regular syrups, maple syrups, chocolate syrups, and even fruit syrups for you to enjoy.
2. Whip cream- Move over waffles, whip cream just got a new best friend. If you have not tried whip cream on pancakes, you are definitely missing out on a big treat. All that fluffy cream just heightens the pancakes deliciousness.
3. Fruit- This is a great addition to pancakes, especially if you pair it with the whip cream one. The most common fruits used are bananas and whole lot of berries. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t get creative. Try your pancakes with some nectarines, peached, pears, or, do I dare say, watermelon? Just be warned, citrus fruits don’t do too well with pancakes, usually.
4. Ice cream- Putting ice cream on pancakes may seem the same as putting whip cream on them, but they create two whole different experiences. With ice cream, it feels like you are having more of a desert than with whip cream. Also, the ice cream tends to melt over time, and absorb into the pancakes, becoming one with the pancake, binding their flavors together.
5. Chocolate Chips- You can either add them directly to the batter, or just throw them on top after. I prefer to do both, because then you both have soft gooey delicious chocolate inside the pancakes, and semi-soft chocolate chunks that give a little bit of texture to the whole thing, making it even better.
6. Powdered Sugar- This is a great choice for those of you who are messy eaters. The sugar is dry, not sticky and wet like syrups or the before mentioned additions, so you won’t make a slimy mess. Also, the taste is not too bad either.
Well, those are the most used toppings on pancakes. Still, there are many more out there that do exist, and which have yet to exist. So, get out there and start eating some pancakes, and don’t be afraid to try something new.