A Vannila Berry Dessert with Wine!
The end of summer with a sweet light dessert enjoy!
- 1 cup low fat cream
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsps granulated sugar
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries (any kind is fine you can choose one kind like raspberries or a mixture of them you can even use strawberries if you like)
- 1 cup red sweet wine
- tea cookies use vanilla or wine cookies to mix the flavors
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans or pistachios
- 2 vanilla beans
1. With a sharp paring knife, split vanilla bean open lengthwise. Use the knife to scrape the tiny black seeds into a small bowl; reserve pod. Add the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of the whipping cream to the bowl and mix well to separate vanilla seeds.
2. Cut vanilla pod completely in half lengthwise. In a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan, combine vanilla pod halves, granulated sugar, and wine. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until reduced to about 1/3 cup, 15 to 20 minutes. Let mixture cool slightly; discard vanilla pod halves.
3. Stir berries into wine mixture in pan. Chill berry mixture in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes and up to 3 hours.
4. Meanwhile, in the large bowl of an electric mixer, combine vanilla-cream mixture and remaining whipping cream. Beat until soft peaks form.
5. Fold meringues into whipped cream mixture. In a 12-ounce glass, layer 1/8 of the berry mixture, 1/8 of the whipped cream mixture, and 1/8 of the walnuts or pecans or pistachios. Repeat layering and top with a few fresh berries. Layer ingredients in the same order in 3 more glasses.