Delicious applesauce cake that is spicy, moist, and oh so satisfying.
Applesauce cake is delicious served warm from the oven with a dollop of whipped cream on top, or you can serve it cold with butter or cream cheese icing.
Photo credit: Toni
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg (well beaten)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¾ cup milk
- 2/3 cup thickened, sweetened applesauce
- Cream shortening, add sugar gradually. Cream together. Add the egg and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with the milk, ending with dry ingredients. Add the applesauce to cake batter and mix well.
- Spread cake batter evenly in a greased 9” pan. Bake at 350-degrees and reduce heat, as needed, if edges become over browned.
Cake made with applesauce is moist and satisfying. Keep this recipe on hand and when company is coming, whip up delicious applesauce cake.
- How to Make Lavender Tea–Delicately flavored tea
- Giant Melt-in-Your-Mouth Cheese Biscuits–Fail-proof recipe for scrumptious biscuits
- Delicious Homemade Cake Donuts–Great tasting donuts you can make from home
- Cheese Souffle–Melt-in-your-mouth souffle for a vegetarian lunch
- How to Make Perfectly Shaped Bread Buns–A trick to shape buns