Banana cheesecake recipe.
Preparation time: 45 mins + 6 hours chilling
Makes one 23-cm cake.
|Butter||110 g, diced|
|Digestive biscuits||200 g, finely crushed|
|Brown sugar||2 Tbsp, firmly packed|
|Cornflakes||50 g, crushed|
|Cream cheese||500 g, diced|
|Castor sugar||100 g|
|Lemon Juice||1 Tbsp, strained|
|Bananas||500 g, mashed|
|Powdered gelatin||2 Tbsp, dissolved in 100 ml water|
|Thickened cream||300 ml|
|Dark chocolate||60 g, grated in chilled|
|Brown sugar||120 g|
|Whipping cream||100 ml|
60 g, toasted and chopped
- melt butter in pan over low heat. Add combined biscuits,sugar, cornflakes, and mix well. Fry until fragrant.
- With the back of the metal spoon, press into a greased spring-form or false-bottomed 23 cm cake pan. (Wear a disposable plastic glove if using your hand.)
- Cover cake pan and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Beat in bananas. Add gelatin and mix until combined. Blend in cream. Stir in chocolate
- Pour filling on biscuit base. Cover cake pan. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Stir butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Stir in cream. Bring mixture to the boil. Simmer for 8 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a bowl. Leave to cool.
- Transfer cheesecake to a serving plate. Decorate with caramel and pecans. Chill before serving.
for biscuit base, use either pure salted or unsalted butter. Avoid using margarine or butter substitutes because butter affects the taste of the biscuit base.