Devil’s Food Cake
Ladies all over the earth! With each cake we bake, we celebrate the fact ourselves and appreciate the skills that we have been gifted with! So get your ingredients and funky aprons, because the best of cakes is here: The Devil’s Food Cake. This Chocolate-filled dessert ought to re-awaken some of those naughty, genial ideas!
9 tblsp Plain Cocoa Powder
1 & 1/2 cup Plain Flour
1/2 tspn Salt
1 tspn Baking Soda
1/4 tspn Baking Powder
1 & 1/2 tblsp White Vinegar
4 ounces (115 gr) Unsalted Butter
1 & 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Strong Coffee (or water)
1/2 cup Whole Milk
- Preheat oven to 180°c/350°F
- Line two 9 inch/23 cm cake pans with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Get soda on a clean teaspoon and por the vinegar on it, so it will fizz. While ALL of soda is fizzing, drop it in the dry ingredient mixture and mix well.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter together until smooth and creamy (5mins)
- Add eggs one at a time to the butter and sugar mixture, until fully incorporated. Ensure everything mixes.
- In a jug, mix coffee/water and milk.
- Stir half of the dry ingredient mixture in the butter mixture.
- Add the coffee/water and milk mixture to the mass.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the batter between two tins and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool both layers well, until frosting.
This cake is demanding in icings. And The best possible frosting is the Chocolate Fudge.
For this mix 100 grams of butter with 4-5 Tblsp of plain cocoa powder and add icing sugar until smooth and not too thick, heat the mixture until it reaches boiling. It has to be thick and creamy. Not runny and not too thick!
After the cake has set a few hours after icing, why don’t you feed those little ideas??