How to Make Mamon (Sponge Cake) Philippine Style
This article teaches how to make the Filipino special cake mamon. Enjoy it with your friends and family!
How To Make Mamon (Sponge Cake) Philippine Style
What is mamon? Mamon is a very popular Filipino sponge cake. These cakes are individually wrapped. They can be plain sponge cake, or topped with butter and shredded cheddar cheese. The technique in making successful sponge cake is to separate the egg yolks and egg whites well and mix them separately. The eggs should also be in room temperature. Here is the recipe for mamon.
Ingredients for the Mamon Sponge Cake:
3 cups cake flour
1 T baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
10 eggs – room temperature
1 cup sugar
½ cup melted butter
1½ cup water
1 cup oil
1 cup sugar
¼ tsp cream of tartar
Method to Make The Mamon Sponge Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix the cake flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Separate the 10 egg yolks and 10 egg whites using an egg separator.
4. To the egg yolks: add the 1 cup sugar, melted butter, water, oil and the flour mixture. Mix well using an electric mixer.
5. To the egg whites: Add 1 cup sugar and ¼ tsp cream of tartar. Using an electric mixer, mix until the egg whites are stiff but not dry.
6. Gently fold in the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture.
7. Use a ½ cup measuring cup and pour into greased muffin pans.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the mamon turns golden brown. The cakes are done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Tip: You can also brush the mamon with melted butter once they are done. Then sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Wrap individually in clear cellophane. You can give these as gifts too! It’s a great gift idea to give to your friends and family.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Join Triond: http://www.triond.com/rw/174239
Join Bukisa: http://www.bukisa.com/join/17553