How to Make St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
An easy St. Patrick’s day cupcake recipe sure to bring you lots of luck!
St. Patrick’s Day is a holiday celebrated world-wide on March 17. Many families and schools make special treats, usually with lots of green, gold, and rainbow colors, on St. Patrick’s Day. Below is an easy, not from scratch cupcake recipe that will surely bring you lots of luck!
What You’ll Need:
· 1 box white cake mix (or any other flavor such as yellow, german chocolate, etc.) Read the back of the box for additional ingredients you may need. If you’d rather not use egg, applesauce is a tasty substitute.
· 1 container of premade icing, preferably light colored for the sprinkles to stand out (or 1 bag of confectioner’s sugar if you’d like to make a light glaze instead)
· 1 container of green food coloring
· A variety of green and white sprinkles
· Green and white sugars
· Cupcake liners (could be silver, gold, white, green, rainbow of colors)
Step 1: Follow directions on box of cake mix. After mix is prepared, add about three to five drops of food coloring, if you’d like green cupcakes.
Step 2: Lay the cupcake liners into a cupcake pan, and fill liners about ¾ high. You don’t want to overfill. Bake as directed on the cake mix box. After removing cupcakes from the oven, allow them to cool before frosting or glazing.
Step 3: To prepare the glaze from confectioner’s sugar, pour two cups of water into a mixing bowl, and as much confectioner’s sugar as it takes to make the mixture thick. It is not supposed to be thick like cake icing. Dip the cupcakes, topside down, into the bowl of glaze. Mix more as needed.
Step 4: After frosting or glazing, pour the various green and white sugars and sprinkles into small, separate bowls. Gently dip the cupcake, frosted/glazed side down, and coat with the sugar or sprinkles, then set the cupcake in a container, a plate, or a cupcake tree, available in many stores and online.
Serves 24 cupcakes per box.
Time: 18-25 minutes