Coconut Milk Snack Murukku for The Festival Season
Festival season has started in India. It is a season of special varieties of snacks and dishes. The recipe of coconut milk snack murukku is one of the traditional snacks of South India.
Festival season has started not only in India but also all over the world. In the west it is a time for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have seen Indian snacks available in Europe and the US. The crispy traditional snacks of India are really attractive to the people of the West. Coconut milk snack murukku is a fascinating snack that has been attracting generations. It contains all the necessary food combinations. It is very easy and can be prepared in no time.
Here is the recipe for this sweet and tasty snack
Rice flour -2 cup
Green gram flour -half cup
Butter -1tsp (teaspoon)
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Cumin seed – 2tsp
Sugar - 2 tsp
Salt – as per taste (half tsp ideal)
Oil – as needed for frying
Murukku snack maker is available in Indian markets with different plates. There are plates with single hole and having number of holes. Here for our murukku snack the single-hole maker is ideal.
Method of preparation
1) Mix all the ingredients except oil and coconut milk. Sugar and salt can be the last to be mixed.
2) Add the coconut milk little by little to make soft dough in the consistency of chapatti dough. Water can be added if necessary to keep the dough consistent.
3) Apply a little oil in the murukku maker to keep it soft and greased.
4) Now stuff the maker with the dough and press the dough through the hole and make dough coils in the murukku shape and keep them on an oiled sheet.
5) Then get the frying pan ready with oil. When the oil is hot enough for frying, drop the dough coils gently one by one into the oil. At a time three coils can be put into the pan. It depends on the size of the pan.
6) Fry the murukku coils in a medium flame and when they seem to be crispy drain the excess oil and collect them.
7) The coconut milk murukku snack can be stored in airtight containers and can be used for two weeks.
Try this snack during this festival season. Kids like these crispy and tasty snacks. Have a good time with coconut milk murukku snacks.