published by DreamGirl on Mar 9, 2008
These are great treats for the whole family.
- 2 egg whites
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- Line 1 large or 2 small baking sheets with aluminum foil; set aside.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, place egg whites and salt. Beat until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Add cinnamon; gradually add brown sugar; beat on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- With heaping teaspoonfuls, form mounds about 1-1/4 inches wide, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until dry on the outside but moist in the center, about 40 minutes. (If using 2 baking sheets, place on 2 separate oven racks; switch sheets halfway through baking).
- Turn off oven; let pan remain in oven until cookies are dry, about 1 hour.
- Remove cookies; peel off any foil.
- Store in a tightly-covered container up to 3 weeks (or freeze in damp or humid climates).
Makes 2-3 dozen.