Delicious Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
I have made these cookies many times. My kids and their friends all love them. The cookies come out very delicious, I like them better than the store-bought ones! This is how to bake delicious, chewy chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix the dry ingredients together: flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy
- Add eggs, vanilla, then the flour mixture.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls into cookie sheets. Leave 2 inches between cookies. (I use 1/8 measuring cup so the cookies will come out all even sized)
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes or until golden brown at the edges. As all ovens vary please check your oven.
- Let cool for about 3 minutes on the baking sheet and transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy!
Refrigerate the dough for about 15 minutes before putting them into the cookie sheets. This way the shape of the cookies turn out good after baking, instead of being “flat”.
Another great tip:
If ever you’re in a hurry and you need a quick gift idea, this is excellent! This is what I did: I layered all the dry ingredients in a jar (clean pasta sauce jar works great, or any jar with a tight-fitting lid), then I attached a pretty little card with instructions on how to bake it. For the holidays I make these mix in a jar gifts and give to my friends. You can make many at the same time.