Sugar Free Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate cookies made with sucralose sweetener and whole wheat flour. May also be made with white flour if preferred or sugar in place of the sweetener.
- 1 1/4 cups of softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups of sucralose based sweetener such as Splenda
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup all-purpose whole wheat flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or carob chips (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream butter and sweetener together until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs in one at a time, mix in vanilla if used.
- Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda and stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in chocolate chips or carob chips if used.
- Roll into balls and flatten on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 – 9 minutes in pre-heated oven. Cookies should be soft.
- Let stand to cool.