Cornflake Marshmallow Squares
Cornflake marshmallow squares are a fast and easy to make, nutritious, budget friendly, treat very much welcomed by kids and adults of all ages that won’t break your budget.
Image via Wikipedia
Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that give us the most pleasure and these budget friendly cornflake marshmallow squares certainly fit the bill in all aspects.
- 5 Cups of Cornflakes
- 300 Grams (approximately 10½ ounces) of Large Marshmallows
- 45 Grams (approximately 1½ ounces) of Butter
- Place a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add butter and melt it.
- With the butter melted add in the marshmallows and stir continuously until all of the marshmallows are melted and the mixture has taken on a smooth texture (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat, add the cornflakes and mix well
- Pour mixture into a 20cm square non-stick pan
- Use the back of a spatula to press the mixture into the pan and to smooth over the top of the slab.
- Set aside to set (about 1 to 1½ hours)
- Once set cut cornflake marshmallow slab into squares
- Transfer squares to an airtight container for storage
Once set and cut into slices the cornflake marshmallow squares are ready for consumption.
Cornflake marshmallow squares are a great in between meals hunger quencher when served accompanied by a glass of milk/milkshake (kids), hot chocolate, cup of coffee, cup of tea etc. They also go well when included in a cut lunch for school, work picnic or a road trip.
Wrapping the cornflake marshmallow squares in plastic cling wrap will keep help keep them as fresh as possible for as long as possible.
Yield: 12 Squares (more or less depending upon thickness of slab and size of squares into which it is cut.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes