Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This recipe is easy to make and makes delicious cookies!
It has been a family favorite for years!
The secret to a good chocolate chip cookie, is to use good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips. If the chocolate is too sweet, the flavour isn’t as strong. The nuts should be fresh also.
These ingredients help make this a good diet cookie.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and add the sugars gradually until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the flour, baking soda and salt, then add to the butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drop by tablespoons about 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees oven for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden and centres are still slightly underbaked.
- Let cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to racks.
- Cool completely.
Serve and enjoy!