Angel Fruit Trifle
This dessert is good for picnics or family get togethers.
1 (12 ounce) package frozen blueberries
1 prepared angel food cake, cut into chunks
2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
1 (12 ounce) package frozen peach slices, chopped
1 (6 ounce) container fresh raspberries
2 (16 ounce) tubs reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Pour the blueberries into a strainer, rinse with water, and shake off excess water.
2. Spread the berries out onto paper towels to dry slightly.
3. In a deep, clear glass bowl or trifle bowl, spread a layer of angel food cake chunks.
4. Scatter the cake with chopped strawberries in a thin layer.
5. Sprinkle the strawberries with a layer of blueberries, followed by a layer of chopped peach slices.
6. Sprinkle a few fresh raspberries over the peaches.
7. Dollop a layer of whipped topping, then repeat layers until all cake and fruit has been used.
8. Finish trifle with a layer of whipped topping.
9. Cover the trifle, and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.