As Good as It Gets Banana Pudding
I positively love this cool summer banana pudding….it really is as good as it gets. It no-bake, quick, and easy.
· 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
· 3 ½ cups of sliced bananas
· 1 box of vanilla wafers
· 3 cups heavy cream
· 3.4 ounce package of instant vanilla pudding
· 1 ½ cups of cold water
· 2 tbsp of lemon juice
1. Immediately after slicing bananas, lightly coat in lemon juice. (This isn’t for flavor, but rather to keep the bananas from turning brown so quickly; so be as sparingly as possible with the lemon juice.
2. Beat condensed milk and water about 1 minute on medium speed.
3. Add pudding and beat another 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined.
4. Place pudding mixture in freezer to set, usually about 15 minutes, but don’t let the mixture actually freeze.
5. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
6. Fold the whip cream and pudding mixture into each other.
7. Pick your serving dish – trifle bowl, cake bowl, or assemble in individual ramekin-style serving dishes.
8. Apply one layer of wafers to cover the bottom of the serving dish.
9. Apply one layer of bananas to cover the wafers.
10. Apply a liberal layer of pudding to cover the bananas.
11. Repeat the layering until all the ingredients are used.
12. Garnish with a mint sprig crumbled wafer crumbs, or chocolate drizzle.
13. Cover and allow to chill a few hours to overnight.