Braised Chicken with Asparagus and White Wine
Braised Chicken with Asparagus and White Wine.
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 Tablespoon lemon and herb seasoning
½ cup dry white wine or vermouth
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 bunch asparagus, stem ends trimmed and spears cut into 2-inch pieces
Salt and fresh ground black pepper for taste
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown on all sides, stirring frequently.
3. Add the seasoning and cook for 1 minute until seasoning is fragrant.
4. Add the wine and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the broth and asparagus and bring to a simmer.
6. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and the asparagus is crisp-tender.
7. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper before serving.
asparagus patch (Photo credit: Muffet)