Chinese Meat Dumplings
Chinese meat dumplings are called Chow-Tse in Chinese. They are delicious and can be used for an entire meal. They are not difficult to make.
Meat Dumplings are also called Chow-Tse. These Chinese meat dumplings are served as an appetizer or can be served as an entrée.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ cup boiling water
- Put flour in a bowl and add salt and boiling water.
- Stir well with a chopstick. Pour mixture onto a floured board. Knead for 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover dough with a damp cloth and let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into long sausage shape that is about 1 inch in diameter.
- Cut the strip of dough into 24 equal pieces.
- Each piece of dough must be rolled into a circular shape until it is very thin and about 3 inches in diameter. The center must be thicker than the edges.
- ½ pound celery cabbage blanched in boiling water for 1 minute and then rinsed in cold water
- ½ pound minced pork
- ½ teaspoon ginger, chopped fine
- ½ teaspoon scallion, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sherry
- 2 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces shrimp, shelled, deveined and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ginger the is shredded
Wring cabbage in a cloth to remove water and then chop fine.
Combine cabbage with pork, ginger, and scallion, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, sherry, oil, salt and shrimp. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
Put 1 tablespoon of filling on each piece of dough.
Fold over into half moon shape. Pinch edges together to seal.
Place Chow-Tse (dumpling) on a damp cloth on a steamer tray. Steam over boiling water for 10 minutes.
Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, vinegar, and shredded ginger. Serve with Chow-Tse immediately.