Coconut Prawns with Avocado and Lime Mayonnaise
published by ryuo75 on Sep 1, 2012
A delicious savoury with a "nutty" blend.
Preparation: 20 Minutes
Cooking: 8 Minutes
- 16 local geen tiger, king or banana prawns, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups coconut strands
- Vegetable oil for deep drying
- Avocado & lime mayonnaise
- 1 cup egg mayonnaise
- 1 avocado, crushed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- For mayonnaise, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Dust prawns in flour, dip in egg and coat with coconut strands
- Deep-fry in oil, in batches, at 160C till golden. Drain.
- Serve with avocado and lime mayonnaise