Dofu Fa is the recipe with soaked beans, Edible terra alba, soya beans in it.
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 5 – 6
Cornstarch – 1 tablespoon
Water – 7 cups
Water to soak the beans
Edible terra alba – 1 teaspoon or less
Soy beans – 500gms, rinsed
For the syrup:
Water – 1 cup
Brown sugar – 300gms
Lemon – 2 pieces
Method of preparation:
1. Add water in a pot and add in the soy beans. Make sure that the water should be thrice as the amount of your soybeans. Let them soak until they double their size.
2. To make the syrup, bring the sugar to a boil and add in the lemon and water. Set aside.
3. Mix cornstarch, terra alba, and ½ cup of water. Set aside.
4. Drain the soy beans and remove the water where you soaked it. Add 6 cups of water in the soybean and blend it together.
5. After blending the soy beans and water, squeeze out the excess liquid by using cheesecloth. Don’t throw the liquid.
6. Remove the sediments from the soy bean and water mixture.
7. Put the liquid from the water and soy bean mixture into a pot and add ½ cup of water and cook under low heat until it is boiling. Remove from the heat and remove unnecessary sediments again using a gauze or cheesecloth.
8. Return the mixture to the pot again and boil it.
9. Add the terra alba and turn off the heat. Don’t move the soymilk until it is jellied.
10. Leave it on covered with a towel for 30 minutes and drain off any sediment.
11. Add the syrup.
How to serve: Serve immediately.