Fresh and Easy Guacamole
published by PoppyB on Feb 13, 2011
Pick the best avocados and mash your way to guacamole paradise.
Avocadoes are delicious fruit, full of healthy fat and perfect alongside fish, breads and tomato salad. Choose organic ingredients, if possible, and make sure to have extra lime juice on hand to sprinkle on the avocado flesh, slowing the browning process.
- 2 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 small roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Mash first three ingredients in a medium bowl, then toss in remaining ingredients, stirring again. It’s that easy.
Image via Wikipedia